Sunday 12 May 2024

Another bus

 I made a post last week comparing various A4 sketchbooks I possess and explained how I picked up a job lot of WH Smiths Globetrotter sketchbooks. I'd never used one before so I made a sketch of a old coach from the 1950s with ink and then added watercolour. Here it is


I like his one so much that I carefully took it out of the book, framed it, and used it as my contribution to a local exhibition. Well, I was inspired to do another coach of a similar vintage this morning. 
Really and truly I needed to give the paper longer time to smoothen itself out before photographing it. Still, it's not too shabby, especially considering that this is painted on sketchbook paper, not paper specifically made to take watercolour. This is in my Seawhite of Brighton Portrait A4 sketchbook, ad the paper is 140gsm. It's nice to have some colour work in my sketchbook as the vast majority I make are left in monochrome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment