Thursday 12 September 2024

Alice Project - Illustration 2

I’ve had a really lovely morning. Yesterday I posted my first illustration to my Alice story. Up to this morning I had only written the nonsense poem that would make up a part of the first encounter Alice has with other characters. This morning I wrote the whole of this relatively short episode. I thoroughly enjoyed this as a exercise. I knew what I wated to say, but the mental exercise was working out how to say it, how to get in puns and characterisation etc. When I completed it I made an illustration to accompany the episode. Now, I don’t know I I am ever going to share the story with anyone else so for now all I want to say is that it’s a penguin with glasses, a sack and very bushy eyebrows.


I did write out the description of the character when Alice first sees him underneath the sketch which you can see from the whole two page scan. I’m not sure I quite like it as much as the mammoth ad the elephant sketch, but it really isn’t bad at all. I want to do at least a couple more drawings to illustrate what I’ve written so far – watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment