Wednesday 11 September 2024

The Honeymoon continues

Yes, it does. The main event of the day art wise yesterday will be the subject of my next post, but in between I sketched a couple more copies of Harry Rountree 1928 Alice illustrations in my new Royal Talens art creations journal.

On the left is the March Hare that I showed you in yesterday’s post. Later on, in the afternoon by way of a sort of comparison piece I drew my copy of Harry Rountree’s White Rabbit.

If I’m being honest I had to double check a couple of times that this is the white rabbit, being as he isn’t all that white. He looks as if he’s bouncing with energy, but somehow I don’t quite get the same impression of anxiety and urgency that I do with some other illustrators. Somehow, even though he’s wearing a frock coat he doesn’t come across as quite as dapper as others we’ve seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment