Friday 13 May 2016

Small Canvas - class 52 'Western' Diesel Hydraulic in Paddington

There's no doubt about it in my mind, diesels are easier to paint than steam locomotives. It's all in the wheels. Here's the painting: -

Class 52 'Western'
I say it as shouldn't, but I don't think that this is at all a bad painting. It's a nice companion piece to the Deltic I painted a few months ago.

-----------------------
I received a very nice email from the gentleman who bought this painting: -

It's always nice when someone likes your work enough to want to purchase it for themselves, and even nicer when they take time and trouble to tell you that they like it. The gentleman in question informed me that this was a number 12 tram, and the scene was in Cathcart Street. He lives there now, and has commissioned me to paint the street for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment