Sunday 29 January 2017

Glasgow Tram Line and Wash

I like to pay my way, and I expect the same of my hobbies. If you've been following my ramblings for any length of time you might recall that I decided to have another go at watercolours back in October. The first painting I produced was this one: -

Glasgow Tram October 2016
It was painting this one that convinced me to study a little more, and I sold the next three or four watercolour paintings that I made. Alright, maybe selling a painting isn't the be all and end all for me, but the fact is that I do like a hobby that pays its way. I like to sell paintings to cover the costs of my membership of the Afan Nedd Artists' group, and of all of my materials and equipment. Now, last week I decided that although I don't think the painting above is all that good, I thought I'd just put it out there and see what happens. Bingo - sold within a couple of days.

So, thinks I, maybe that's a good subject if you want to sell - the fact is that All of the paintings and pictures I've done with British trams in them have sold. So, with that in mind, I produced this line and wash picture yesterday:-
Glasgow Tram line and wash Jan 2017

I do think that this is a more accomplished painting, however I don't think that the scan has done it a lot of favours - buildings which are maroon/brown look grey in this. If it sells, I shan't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment