Sunday 3 June 2018

30 x 30 Direct Watercolor 2018

I've been taking part in the 30x30 Direct Watercolor 2018 Challenge on Facebook. This is the brainchild of two of my favourite urban sketching bloggers - Liz Steel and Marc Taro Holmes. Aimed at encouraging participants to spend more time using watercolor, the challenge is for us to produce 30 direct watercolors during June. A direct watercolour is one where you sketch with the brush and the paint without using pencil or ink guidelines. There is no stipulation that it has to be just one painting per day, which is good since I've already made 7. However I will be running it alongside my own personal one sketch a day for a year challenge - which you can follow on my South Wales Urban Sketcher blog - link on the right. Here's the first pictures

June 1st - my spag bol triptych - 1) Ingredients - 2) Ready to Eat on the plate - 3) Leftovers ready for freezing still in the pan


June 2nd - 4) Stag in Margam Park - 5) Caerphilly Castle painted en plein air


June 3rd - 6) Sir Anthony Hopkins - and 7) Emma Thompson - from The Remains of the Day



No comments:

Post a Comment