Sunday 15 November 2020

Card Update

 Just in case you were worrying about it, I thought that I'd better let you know that I've finished making my Christmas Cards now. In the end I decided that I'd use up all of my blanks, which means I've made a grand total of 50. With that many I wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up with some left over for next Christmas.

Just out of interest, 2 of them have watercolour, 15 of them are silhouettes, 11 of them just show reindeer, 17 are based on old sketches or engravings, and the rest are a mixture of odds and ends. 

I've always said that the Christmas cards - even when I do 50 of them - are just for family and friends, and not something I would sell. Still, when it comes to stuff that I actually do sell, it's been a bit of a mixed bag of a month so far. During September and October I sold several original paintings, and some prints on Etsy. This month, not so much. I can live with it - well I haven't got a lot of choice - and it's not as if the original paintings and sketches take up a great deal of room. 

You can imagine my delight when I got home from work on Wednesday to discover an order on Etsy for one of my prints. It was almost as great as my chagrin to discover a message from the buyer asking if I wouldn't mind canceling the sale. To add insult to injury, what made it worse was the buyer explaining that he was buying it for someone else, and when he showed it to them on Etsy, they didn't like it!  

Well, I cancelled the sale and sent a polite message to the buyer informing him that I'd done as he requested anyway. No point going on with a sale if you're not both happy about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment