Wednesday 10 August 2016

Daily Sketch: Hero - Lightship - Pizza Express

This is Hero the Cat. This was a much harder sketch to do, because he has some kind of sixth sense. The moment you settle to sketch him he deliberately gets up and changes his position. This made it really hard to get anything approaching the right play of shadow upon his fur.
 -----------
While part of it is certainly a commitment to sketching everyday, Urban Sketching is really about getting out and sketching what's all around us,and so I went out and about in Swansea today. I was only panning to do one drawing, just to get the feel of sketching in the outdoors, and this was the subject that I chose - it's a preserved lightship which is in Swansea Marina just outside the Waterfront Museum.









I actually enjoyed it a lot , so much so that when I went for a coffee from McDonalds, by the fan zone, I sketched this which shows some of the detail of a shop building currently occupied by Pizza Express. I love civic architecture like this - which I guess is maybe 1920s.

No comments:

Post a Comment