Wednesday 10 August 2016

Urban Sketching - Daily Diary Sketch 10/8/16: Lilies in Vase

On a recommendation from a fellow amateur artist I've started reading a book on Urban Sketching. I'll be honest, I knew nothing about Urban Sketching as a movement, and Urban Sketching Groups before this. I've done a quick search on the net, and haven't found a local group yet. Still, one of the things it gave as a piece of advice is that if you want to become an urban sketcher, you really have to try to commit yourself to doing at least one sketch every day, and to think of a sketchbook in terms of a diary. So, sitting here, waiting for a phone call, I've taken up an ordinary HB pencil, and a sketchpad, and produced today's daily sketch - a vase of lilies sitting on our telephone table. Here it is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment