Thursday 31 August 2017

Horse Drawn Bus

I realised once I returned from Berlin that it has been literally weeks since I last made an acrylic painting. This is my latest, and I used several sources. It's a composite painting since the bus wasn't in the original phot of the background. I think that the two of them marry up rather well. The painting started as a desire to paint shire horses again - you may recall this painting: -
- which I made back in the Spring. I gave it to my Mother, since she said how much she liked it. I was visiting her last weekend, and admiring it in its frame. So this is what inspired me to get working in acrylic again. So, without further ado, here it is: - 
The Horse Drawn Bus
I'm quite pleased - it's certainly a much more complicated painting than the plough horses, and I'm really glad that I selected the background that I did. The overhanging leaves in the foreground are a really nice framing device, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment