Saturday 9 September 2017

Vintage Horse drawn brewers dray

Not finished yet but I reckon I've spent about 10 hours altogether so far in 4 sessions. Here's the photographs I've taken during the process
I originally planned to stop when I sketched this on the canvas last Saturday, and not start again until Wednesday evening with the art group. Couldn't stop myself.
For once I decided to put a thin acrylic wash onto the canvas, although I left the rider's apron and the horse's pasterns white. I felt that blue would give me the best base for the painting. I've already painted in the figures on the left, and I'm very pleased with them. 


I carried on painting on the Sunday as well. I'm pleased with the effect of painting on top of the blue wash, and trying hard to stick to the plan of painting from the left to the right. However, I couldn't deny myself the pleasure of painting in the body of the dray.
This is where I stopped on Wednesday evening. I've done a lot of wok on the horses, and started on the wheels of the dray.


This after about half an hour's work today, painting in details of the horse's harnesses, more work on the dray body and wheels

Where I stopped today after about 3 hours. More refining work on horses and dray, and the pub is virtually completed. Alight wash has been applied to the building on the right, and I've started painting in he brickwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment