Saturday 30 September 2017

Evacuee Project

Taking a break now. Here's two photographs showing what I've done this morning: -

You can see that I've started painting in some of the detail of the far wall, which allows me to put in some figures on the far platform. It's also had the effect of bringing out the man in the light brown coat on the far left a little as well. The painting at this stage is still dominated by the pink wash that I gave the canvas before I started.

More work on the far wall, and the far platform details, and at last it is really starting to look like a railway station. Still worried by the pinkness of the background, I painted a large section of the far wall white, which is just something I can paint over, but I've got the perspective wrong, and will need to correct that before I go much further with that wall. 
Update: 6:31 - That's it, I've finished for the day. I might do some more tomorrow, otherwise it will be Wednesday. There's still an awful lot to do, but we are getting there.

Now that the green building on the far platform has been painted in we're losing ore of the pinkness, which is all to the good. The figures on the opposite platform by the green building are really helping to make the station feel more crowded. Also I couldn't resist starting to block in where the station clock is going to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment