Sunday 1 April 2018

Sir Anthony Hopkins Challenge

OK, so if you read my post last weekend, you'll know about the Art Group's challenge to make a portrait of Sir Anthony Hopkins in h hours. Over the 2 sessions I've spent 3 hours now, and this is the state of play at the moment: -
I did a little remedial work with the right eye, but other than that I didn't do any more work on the face. The big idea was to work on the background. I extended the sky to the edge of the canvas, but more importantly I juxtaposed the Port Talbot Steelworks over the left shoulder (our right) with Margam Castle on the left. What I have to do with the hour that I've got left is finish off the bottom of the canvas, which won't be easy since my original photograph of Sir Anthony cuts off before it goes that far down. I'm going to have to give some serious thought about how I am going to finish off his figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment