Friday 6 April 2018

Sir Anthony Hopkins Challenge

I've finished my 4 hours to work on the Hopkins portrait. Being realistic, with only one hour left there was no time left to work on face or hair. My big problem was what I was going to do with the bottom of the picture. I quickly decided to give Sir Anthony a large greatcoat, which would cover a lot of the space left. This is the finished version: -
If you compare it to the photo I took after three hours' work: -
it might give you some kind of idea just how much work I had to do in that hour. Actually I'm really rather leased with the way that the greatcoat came out.
How well it ranks against the other members of the group's paintings, well, that's a question I can't answer at this point. As far as I know only I and one of the other painters have actually had the full 4 hours yet. So time will tell on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment