Sunday 18 October 2020

Acrylic on A4 paper Horse Racing Painting: 2

 Here's where I left the painting yesterday:-


I wasn't sure whether I was going to leave it until next Saturday, but after a good lunch this afternoon, I felt the urge to complete it.

The big job was painting in the stands, but that honestly didn't take a huge amount of time. The houses and the stands on the extreme right followed, and then the figure by the stands and his car. After that it was just filling in fiddly little bits, and finessing some of what I did yesterday.

Is it the best thing I've ever painted? No. On a subject like this, which has a lot of horses in it, I'd want a bigger canvas rather than a piece of A4 acrylic paper, which I've used for this. But it's quite nice, if I'm honest. This is the finished picture - see what you think yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment