Sunday 22 August 2021

Docklands Light Railway Stations

 At the end of 2019 I gave myself the project of skeching every London Underground station – a project which continued for the first ouple of months of 2020 as well. I did manage to do it, but I have to be honest, for as much as I enjoyed drawing the 270 stations, the drawings themselves are frankly not brilliant. They’re pretty sketchy as you can see from a few selected sketches below.








I'm sure that you can see what I mean. They're okay, but not much better than that. Too sketchy. Then in the first lockdown of 2020 I decided to extend the project to the London Overground. The Overground has a more modest 112 stations. I took a lot more time and trouble over these, and as a result I think that I produced better sketches – again, there are some examples below which you can compare with the ones above.







Again, I think you should be able to see what I mean about these being better drawings. So starting in July 2021 I decided to draw all of the Docklands Light Railway stations. There are a modest 45 stations, some of which I have already sketched as part of the Underground or Overground. I have to admit, I’v been a little bit laid back over this. Here we are 5 weeks after starting and I’m not yet halfway. Still, I do think the sketches aren’t bad. So here are the ones I’ve done so far.






















Needless to say - but I'm going to say it anyway - these images are all copyright. If you would like to copy or use them for any reason, then email me and ask. I have used legal redress in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment