Thursday 26 August 2021

More DLR

 If you've read enough of my posts, or looked at my profile you may know that I'm a secondary school teacher. Now, one of my self imposed tasks for the long summer holidays was to finish my drawings of the DLR stations. Well, at the start of the day I had 15 still to go, and I'm rapidly running out of holiday. So today I broke my daily record with no fewer than six stations. 

Stratford International

There are actually 3 Stratford Stations. At the Western end of this line is Stratford International. This is a rather misleadingly named station, since no actual International services depart from here. You can catch a direct national rail service to Ashford, and then catch the Eurostar from there. 

Stratford High Street

The second Stratford station - named appropriately Stratford - I already sketched when I did the District Line in 2019. The next after this is Stratford High Street, one of the oldest stations on the whole DLR. The next station, Abbey Road, has nothing to do with the famous Beatles album

Unfortunately it is one of the less visually impressive stations on the network. The next station is West Ham. I also sketched this when I did the District Lie, but I wasn't exactly happy with the sketch that I produced, and so this determined me to have another go at it today.
West Ham
Star Lane, the next station, is impressive, although it does slightly look as if the skeleton, the frame of the building has been buit but they haven't got round to installing the exterior walls yet -
Star Lane
The next station is Canning Town, which I sketched on both the Jubilee Line, and on the DLR line between Poplar and Beckton. After that is West Silverton, which is the very first station on the DLR that I ever sketched - a good 2 or 3 years ago. So that takes us to today's last sketch of the 6, Pontoon Dock.
Pontoon Dock





No comments:

Post a Comment