Monday 11 April 2022

Today's Tenniel -

 A couple of days ago I posted my copy of the cartoon showing Tenniel as the Black and White Knight, and said that it put me in mind of Tenniel's own illustrations of the White Knight in "Alice Through the Looking Glass." So this decided me that for today I'd not copy a Tenniel political cartoon, but a white knight illustration.



I'll be honest, I don't find it easy to draw Alice figures, and I've got it wrong again here. The head is out of proportion to the body. One of these days I'll get it right. Unlike many readers, I've always just about preferred Looking Glass to Wonderland. Maybe that's because of the chessboard logic of Alice behaving like a chess piece and wanting to become a queen. Maybe I'm not the only person to still look at large mirrors and half hope that he glass will start to become like liquid and let me pass through it. Yeah, better stop with that now, I agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment