Sunday 3 July 2022

The Copy Cat is back in town

 Yes, I'm back making my own copy of the work of much better artists. Today's prompt on Sketching Every Day was Thomas Schaller. He's an American artist whose work I've not encountered before. I believe that he was trained as an architect, and I have to say his work is right up my street - I love it. This is the part of one of his paintings that I wanted to try to copy: - 


and this is my copy

Yes, I know, not approaching the original in terms of quality. But then the fact that  would even put it on the same page as the original, let alone so close to it does show, I think , that I'm fairly pleased. Trying to copy such an accomplished painting is a learning experience, which can only serve to help me improve.

And in case you're wondering, I would NEVER sell one of my copies of someone else's work, even as a copy - inferior copy at that. Absolutely not on, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment