Sunday 30 October 2022

Inktober 3rd installment

 Okay, now. So Inktober doesn't actually end until tomorrow. However I will confess that I have completed all of the Inktober 2022 sketches already because I knew that I was going to be away for this weekend, and so completed them all prior to leaving in Friday afternoon, to make sure that I did in fact complete it this time, since the previous time, 2028, I missed the last 2 or 3 days because I was going to Amsterdam. So, here's a reminder of the prompts:-


23) Booger


I mean, in all honesty, how do you deal with a propt like that? I really didn't want to draw a careful study of a booger in all its glory. Found the photograph of the young ape that his one is based on and it seemed to hit the spot, and was complex enough to keep me interested in drawing it.

24) Fairy


I typed 'fairy illustration' or something similar into google, and this was one of many imaged that appeared. I liked this one so chose to copy it. 

25) Tempting

This really was the first thing that occurred to me - a snake/serpent and apple combination. If you search images on the net as well there are many, many variations on this theme from which to choose, so you really aren't short on reference photographs.
26) Ego

As a Marvel film fan, the moment I saw the prompt Ego I thought of this one. I have to say I'm pretty damned pleased with the result - the eye on the left looks quite like Kurt Russell, but the one of the right looks extremely like Kurt Russell. Though I say it myself this is a nice little ink portrait.
27) Snack
It was more a case of any port in a storm with this prompt. I resolved myself to the fact that I wasn't going to find anything that fitted the prompt that really lit my candle, so I just set out to make the most faithful sketch that I can.
28) Camping

This is a copy to one of the original illustrations to Robert Baden-Powell's unfortunately titled "Scouting for boys". I do really like this kind of illustration from the first half of the 20th century. It's unfussy, and it's honest. 
29) Uh oh
I've since been informed that what I copied for this prompt is an illustration to M.R. James' "The Scrapbook of Canon Alberic" Fine by me. I just immediately liked the illustration the moment I found it, and knew that I would enjoy copying it. I did too.
 30)  Gear
My thoughts on this were to take the cogwheel meaning of the word, and to make some kind of clockwork animal. I found a photograph of this box, complete with 'clockwork' dragon, and it just seemed to fit.
31) Farm
Here we are, then. Number 31, and another copied illustration. The original was black pen, I think, but I fancied using sepia and it's not worked out too badly.

Yay - that's the first time I've completed Inktober, and looking back over the illustrations I don't think they're too bac either.

No comments:

Post a Comment