Friday 21 October 2022

Inktober Part Two

 Right, so you remember in my last post I showed you my first 16 Inktober 2022 sketches? Here’s the next 7. First, here’s the prompt list again:-


Here we go: - 

17) Salty

This is based on the picture on an old cigarette packet. Players navy cut cigarettes. Now look – I don’t want to do anything that could ever be taken as promoting smoking. Which come to think of it is why I didn’t put the writing on it.  I just liked the picture and felt it fit the prompt.

18) Scrape

Just a cute picture of a kid who scraped his knee. I remember being forced to wear shorts in my early years. I don’t know if little kids in the UK were always forced to wear shorts in cold weather to toughen us up when I was growing up. Bordered on child cruelty in my opinion.

19) Ponytail. When I make the choice of what I’m going to sketch to fulfil the brief, what I tend to do is set my mind off on word association. With ponytail, the first thing which came to me was the great Italian footballer from the 1990s, Roberto Baggio, who was nicknamed the Divine Ponytail.

20) Bluff. Bluff made me think of poker, and the picture of dogs playing poker, featuring on a pub wall near you. I only copied some of the detail of it.

21) Bad dog. This is another one based on a model figure that I found on the net when I googled the words Bad Dog. I sketched this one while watching a Marvel film on the telly last Saturday night.

22) Heist. Okay – so Heist made me think of the word outlaw. This in turn made me think of the Clint Eastwood film “The Outlaw Josey Wales”. This is based on a still from the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment