Thursday 4 May 2023

Alice Project Update

I'm really starting to get close to a finish with the illustrations from Alice in Wonderland. Here's the copies I've made so far this week:-

Earlier this year I copied the illustration of Alice looking up at the Cheshire cat in the tree, and also the earlier cartoon from Punch which he may have used for its model. This is the close up on the cat disappearing. 

Part of this original illustration was actually one of the first Alice illustrations I copied. I combined the Queen of Hearts with one of the playing cards painting the roses red. The original is a very busy illustration, but a very good one. I really like the background with the hedges and the greenhouse structure. 

Alice and the baby pig, and at last a halfway decent attempt at Alice's face.

and back to a couple of my favourite characters, the Mock Turtle and the Gryphon, in this case dancing the lobster quadrille. 
Putting this all into perspective, it means that we're now at 39/42 for Wonderland, and 54/92 for both Alice books.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment