Friday 19 May 2023

Alice Project update

 Apologies. It has been 9 days since my previous post. That's the bad news. he good news is that in those 9 days I have made no fewer than 20 copies. Without further ado :- 





There are only 3 illustrations accompanying the Walrus and the Carpenter, as opposed to four accompanying Father William in Alice in Wonderland.


The Walrus and the Carpenter poem forms part of the Tweedledum and Tweedledee episode. I sketched the first illustration of them last year - and I also had a go at Mervyn Peake's interpretation.





I was not looking forward to making the sketch above, considering what a pigs ear I made of the sheep in the boat when I copied it. I'm very pleased with how this one did turn out. 










20 in 9days - that's really not bad going at all, and a few of them are even quite good. That puts the totals at - Looking Glass - 45/50 - Overall 87/92. I can see the finish line now - hopefully I'll get there some time next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment