Friday 25 August 2023

Another tube painting - and Postcards

This has been the first full week that I haven't spent in another country - last week England, week before that Denmark. So I did think that I might get a bit of painting done this week. Well, if you define a bit as a small amount, then yes, I have. There was the previous painting in the last post, and then yesterday I did this direct watercolour.


It's the Bakerloo Line at Piccadilly Circus Station, based on a photo from, I'm guessing, the 1940's or 50's. A4 sized.

I've spent a lot of time over the last week producing some A6 size postcard prints of some of my prints. I've now got the production sorted, the packaging materials - everything, in fact, except the buyers! So just in case anyone out there reading this (well, you never know, somebody might) here's the link to oe of the train prints, and you'll see the others underneath:-

DaveClark Port Talbot Shop

So here's the postcards I've made so far:-





















Basically I'm aiming at two potential markets. The first is obviously fans of public transport in London, and the second is the good people of Port Talbot. With the four PT cards I've shifted a fair few copies of A4 prints of each sketch, so fingers crossed. With the London Transport - well, coin is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment