Saturday 18 June 2016

Back to the trams

Yes, back to the Swansea trams, but this time I'm working on one on a 12 x 10 board rather than a 5x7 board. This is where we are

Swansea and Mumbles tram
I put two hours a week ago on Wednesday into it, and maybe another 3 or 4 hours today. I think that there's a good couple of hours left in it, but I don't want to finish it today. This will do nicely for Wednesday evening at the Artists' group. I'm glad to say that the sky doesn't look so bad now as it did at the start of the day. I've tried to soften it and soften it, which has taken several thin layers of paint, but the sky is pretty much where I want it now. There isn't a lot of work left to do on the tram itself, but the rails and the track bed need doing, and there;s some work to do on the background to the right of the tram, and also I want to put a few more figures in, and two boats on the left by the track.

This is the 4th time I've painted a Swansea Tram. The first was an A4 sized water colour: -
The next was a 5x7 acrylic: -
- as was the one after that: -

No comments:

Post a Comment