Saturday 11 June 2016

Commission: Julie's Dog

A few months ago my daughter commissioned me to paint her friend Sam's pet dog as a birthday present for her. This was the painting: -

Sam's Dog - Commission
In all honesty I don't think that it's the best painting I've ever produced, but Phillippa, my daughter, was very happy with it, and Sam made a point of thanking me, and asking if I could do another picture now that her dog is a little older. I haven't see Sam since, so that one's on hold for the moment. Still, Phillippa has asked if I could do a painting for another friend called Julie, whose birthday is next. This is Julie's puppy: -

Julie's dog - Commission
I'm much more pleased with this one. The colours work together a lot better with the background, and I just feel it's a better painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment