Saturday 4 June 2016

Painting Port Talbot: Taste Brasserie

Again, yet another paintworthy building on the same street where I live: -

Taste Brasserie, Port Talbot
Up until a few  months ago this used to be a pub called the Red Lion. I wasn't that keen on it to be honest. Since reopening in January though this has quickly become possibly my favourite restaurant in Port Talbot.

There are a couple of things I really like about this particular painting. I must have taken the best part of a dozen photos of it to help me, and for the first time I didn't try to slavishly copy one of the photos. I don't have one photo taken from this exact position, and it's really a composite of different photos. What I was aiming for was almost the effect of a panoramic photograph taken with a fish eye lens, and I think I've come fairly close with this painting.

UPDATE 11/6/16 - This painting has since been sold

No comments:

Post a Comment