Monday 20 February 2017

Acrylic: Lisbon Tram

Lisbon Street Scene - 9:00 this morning

Lisbon Street Scene - 4:30 pm this afternoon

Yes, I'm back to the acrylics - and back to the trams for that matter. Why? I'll tell you.

Afan Nedd Artists Group, of which I am a proud member, are probably going to enter the Leisure Painter/Artist Magazine competition for Artists Group of the Year. What's involved is sending digital images of five paintings produced by members of the group. All members of our group have been invited to submit a painting for inclusion, and we'll decide which we want to enter from these.

One of the stipulations is that you have to have express permission from any photographer upon whose image your painting is based. So I decided that my best bet would be to start from scratch on a new painting - Steve from the group had recently been on holiday in Lisbon, and he knew that the photo he took on which this painting is based would really appeal as a subject to me. He knows me too well.

The top painting shows how far I'd got after two Art Group meetings, the first of which began with photograph and blank canvas. That was the state of play when I set up to paint at just after 9 this morning. I stopped at about half past 4, and the second photo was taken a little before this. Alright, I stopped for lunch for a good hour or so. Still, it does show some real progress from this morning, and I dare say it'll be close to a finish by the end of Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment