Saturday 17 June 2017

Latest Sketches

Last week was my first full week in school since March, so I don't think I can be blamed for the fact that I only made one sketch during the week, which was this one I made on Friday lunchtime looking through my classroom window.

Still, it was a beautiful day in old Port Talbot town today, and I set off early this morning, determined to document more of the town in sketch form. First up was the Afan shopping centre at about 9am. Then I decided to try out the new sepia ink pens I bought recently, and produced the bottom sketch of the newly remodelled Port Talbot Parkway Railway Station. Fair play, the building before was pretty nondescript, but you can't ignore the bugger now. Why modern architects have this grey brick fetish I don't know, but I'm sorry, from certain angles this is a prime contender for the title of ugliest building in Port Talbot. When I'd finished it I drove up the Afan Valley as far as Cymmer, and made the sketch below of a building which is sadly derelict.



Derelict Bryn Siriol Senior Citizens Cntre
Afan Shopping Centre

Afan Shopping centre

















No comments:

Post a Comment