Saturday 13 January 2018

New Project: Racehorse

You may remember that I painted a couple of racehorses last year, which led to me being commissioned to make a painting of Frankel. Well, I sold both of those paintings last week.


Now, we began back at the Afan Nedd Artists' Group on Wednesday evening. I didn't have a project to work on, and so I decided it might be worthwhile starting another horse picture, and why not another racehorse? So I sketched out the horse and jockey for this one, and I'd painted in the jockey by the end of the evening. I spent a couple more hours on it today, and this is the state of play as it stands: -


I'm no unhappy with the way it's going so far. My previous favourite was my Frankel painting, but even with that painting I did think that the jockey could have stood out a little more. I'm very happy with the jockey on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment