Saturday 27 January 2018

Racehorse Project

I'm still quite a long way from finishing the horse racing acrylic painting I started working on at the start of January. Last time I posted about it, it looked like this: -
This was after about 5 hours of work - 2 in the Artists' Group and 3 at home. Well, I decided that I'm going to take my time and not rush this one. As it was I had the sketchcrawl last Saturday, but then today I made a conscious decision not to work on it today. So since then I've spent 4 hours on it during two Artists' Group sessions. Here's where we are now: -
There's just a little bit of work to do on the two horses and jockeys on the far left. However, the crowd is going to take hours. Thankfully I got good experience of painting a crowd in my Frankel picture, so I know I can do it as long as I have the patience for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment