Saturday 27 October 2018

Tram painting

I did say in my last post that I reckoned that I had a good 10 hours of work to put in to finish the London tram painting. Here's where I was at that stage: -

Here's the photos which show the progress I've made in the last fortnight: -




I'd estimate that I've had my ten hours and I'm not that close to a finish yet. What the hell, I'm really enjoying it. I go through stages in terms of my feelings about the painting I'm making while I'm making it. I start off with optimism then start thinking it's rubbish, then start falling in love with it as glimpses emerge of what the finished painting will be. That's the stage I'm at for the moment. Of course, after I finish I get all critical again, but that's just the way that it goes. I'm really pleased with the front end of the tram at the moment. How much I'm going to work the painting now I don't really know, but I know that at a minimum I have to do the shop fronts immediately behind the tram, and then I need to do the extreme right hand side of the painting. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment