Tuesday 23 April 2019

Plough horses painting - day four

I put in maybe another 4 hours work on the painting yesterday. I began with this:-
The rough plan of action was to work on the sky and try to get a smoother and more even application of paint. Following that, the idea was to paint in the main horse's head. Here's where I finished after arthritis stopped play yesterday: -

The sky looked better, although the left hand side was noticeably smoother than the right. I was delighted with the second horse's head, though, and kept on working downwards. Then I painted in most of the horse's body. The colours looked okay, but it was difficult to be sure how well they were working on the body until some of the strap work was painted in.
So today the plan was to work on the sky to the right of the background. Then to finish off the body of the horse, and do some work on the horse's left foreleg, and then the red bar , and as much work on the straps as I could. So this is where we are now:-
I reckon that there's maybe 3 or 4 hours work left in this. The straps and buckle and the rest of the tackle need finishing. Then there's work to do on the legs and the ploughshare. But I do think that we've reached the point where you can get a pretty clear idea of what the finished painting will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment