Monday 10 August 2020

Best Laid Plans . . .

 Hello there. How are you keeping? Well, after the last 6 months or so, in which nothing has been like anything I can ever remember, it kind of puts everything else into perspective. It's been a time when I've actually been grateful that I've kept going with the day job. 

At such a time it's difficult to make out a case for the importance of Art. So I haven't been moaning about the exhibition of my sketches not going ahead. To be honest, I'd become just a little disillusioned by the time lockdown began. The date of the proposed exhibition at the Castle kept getting put back and put back. The organisers are lovely people, but I found them frustrating to deal with as it was difficult to pin them down at all. I was commissioned to design a Christmas Card for them, which they didn't even bother to collect and sign off on until after Christmas, and then I found that they planned to use the design for other purposes as well as the card. We had never discussed this, so I was a little put out. Then I had several promises of the account being settled, and in the end needed to get more forceful than comes naturally t me. 

Well, there we are, these things happen. I'm not stupid, so if they do eventually contact me after lockdown and want to go ahead with an exhibition, then I'm up for it. However I do also have another contact I will explore once things have become as normal as they are going to get. 

On the positive side of things, my daughter's shop is now open again, and so I've started making some more sketches for her to sell. We've already sold the first, this sketch of the Plaza Cinema in Port Talbot. I've already made more than a dozen sketches  - all of which are, I think, quality pieces - for my 2021 Port Talbot Calendar. Each sketch is different from the 12 I used for the 2020 Calendar.  You can see all of my newest sketches in my ink sketch gallery - just click on the top link on the right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment