Saturday 30 January 2021

Hillman Imp and Timelapse video

 

This is a Hillman Imp. The Rootes group, that built it, was an amalgamation of British car manufacturers including the previously independent Hillman and Singer marks, in competition with BMC, the amalgamated Sutin Morris etc. which became Leyland in 1968. The Imp was Rootes' answer to the Austin Mini. In one way, the Imp, which was a similar size to the Mini, was innovative, since its engine was in the read, like the VW Beetle. I was moved to add an Imp to my collection of car paintings, since a blue Hillman Imp was the first car I ever owned. My beloved grandmother bought it for my 18th birthday. Alas, I would soon learn that I was several years short of being ready for driving, but I don't blame the car for that, and think back to it fondly as a gift given with love. Here's the link to the timelapse video on Youtube, and also to a tutorial video. If you do make your own, I'd love it if you posted a picture of it here in the comments. Here's those links: - 

Timelapse Painting of Hillman Imp

How to Paint a Hillman Imp Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment