Saturday 3 June 2023

If it's June, then it must be. . .

Yes, it's June again, and amongst other things, including being the month of my birth, it's the annual 30x30 Direct Watercolour challenge. It's an internet challenge, where participants have to paint 30 Direct Watercolour paintings by the end of the month. By direct watercolour, that means no sketching the design on the paper first. You, your brushes and paints, that's all you can use. I've completed the challenge 3 times in the last four years, and if you're interested you can see where I've made a link in my links section so you can see the 2022 set. The 2021 set you can see by going through my archived posts for June 2021. 

June rather crept up on me so it wasn't until yesterday that I finally stared. Still, I've been working on it today and I'm now slightly ahead of the game on four. Here they are:-

1) This is my copy of an original of Mont St. Michel, which is on the Normandy/Brittany border, by Elizabeth Lord. She's tomorrow's prompt for Sketching Every Day, which seemed to me to be a good place to start.


2) Number 2 is a companion piece to number 1. This is an original painting though, of the English St. Michael's Mount.

3) Pictures 1 and 2 were really quick for me to do, so I went straight on to this, which shows Blackfriar's Bridge. London - good. Bridges - GOOD! I've painted bridges both of the last 2 years for he challenge, and I'm getting it in early this year. I really like the colours in this.


One of my favourite 30x30 paintings last year was a vintage formula 1 scene, and so for my last painting today I tried something similar. I don't like it as much as the one I made last year, but it's not bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment