Friday 30 December 2016

Mary's Horse

 My wife watched me doing the tutorial with the hummingbird a couple of days ago. She asked about it, and I explained that the idea was that I'd go through the process of painting the hummingbird, and then try to use a similar technique to paint my own birds - hence the green woodpecker I posted yesterday. She thought for a moment and then made this observation : - "So you're painting birds now are you? All well and good if you like that sort of thing. But why don't you paint horses - I like horses."

Well, there's no other answer to that than - "I'll give it a bash." is there? So here it is: -
Mary's horse - watercolour on paper

This one falls into the category of paintings which occasionally make me think I'm getting somewhere.Pretty much everything I tried with it came off.

No comments:

Post a Comment