Thursday 29 December 2016

Ruby Throated Hummingbird - Watercolour

When I posted my parrot yesterday I think that I might have mentioned that I've been following some YouTube tutorials. The parrot itself is original - I used some techniques from the tutorials, but I wasn't copying anyone else's work - it was based on a photograph. However, I really liked one of the birds I saw on a tutorial, and I couldn't resist following along. The result was this one. It's not bad considering that my painting room does not have the internet, so I was having to watch for a couple of minutes, but basically pause every time the artist changed colours.
Ruby Throated Humingbird
Not too bad, is it? If you fancy having a go for yourself, here's the link to the tutorial.
Peter Seeler - Ruby Throated Hummingbird tutorial
It's one of several tutorials posted by a terrific artist called Peter Seeler - there's some beautiful line and wash pictures as well. I wish I had talent like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment