Wednesday 28 December 2016

New Medium - Watercolour pencils - Parrot

My middle daughter bought me a lovely set of watercolour pencils for Christmas, and I've been fighting shy of using them for a couple of days, while I found some online tutorials on YouTube. You can do a lot worse than watching some of these yourself if you're every thinking of having a go. Basically, type in the medium you want to use, and the sort of thing you'd like to paint, then tutorial, and chances are you'll be able to find something to meet your needs.

In this picture I synthesized what I picked up from three or four different tutorials: -

Parrot - watercolour pencils on A4 paper
On reflection I'm thinking that although I like the background, in which I used a red, an orange and a purple, I can't help thinking that it might have made more effective if I'd used some blues and greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment