Sunday 26 May 2019

Elephant Update 2

So today I found about 3 hours all told in two sessions. Here's the interim photo:-
I couldn't resist doing the end of the trunk to start with. Well, also, there is a hell of a lot of work to do with the trunk. There's an absolute UK road network map of wrinkles on it, and it's not going to be done in one or even a couple of sessions. So I decided to start working on it, and do a little bit each session until I'm finished. Then I started to build up layers on the left foreleg, which is mostly in shadow. I wanted to test out colours for the feet, too, and I'm not unhappy with what I achieved on the foot that I've painted in.

Well, I have said in previous posts that I've been trying to be more methodical, but the fact is that old habits die hard, and I couldn't resist starting on the head.This is where I am now at the end of Sunday's sessions:-
You can see the wrinkles I've painted in one ht etrunk, and so at least I now feel I have a way of getting to grips with them. It's going to take some time, mind you, but we're off and running at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment