Monday 27 May 2019

Elephant Update 3

Despite being a bank holiday today I've only managed to put a couple of hours into the elephant. Here's where we got to yesterday:-
So, today's plan, if it can be dignified with so grand a title, was to continue to work on the head and trunk. Here's the mid session photo: -
I added a thin layer of colour to the rest of the head and ears, more wrinkles on the trunk, and some of the shadows on the forehead. I think that we're pretty much at the stage with this where I can just start to get an idea of what the finished painting is going to look like. Here's where I was when my daughter and son in law called round and I adjourned to take my youngest grandson to the local park.
I'm not saying that I've finished with the trunk yet, but it makes a hell of a difference having completed it as far as I have done. Both ears need more work, and I should think that's what I'll concentrate on for the next session is finishing both ears before I move onto the body and the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment