Wednesday 8 May 2019

Railway Poster

Okay - so on Sunday when I finished my session the picture looked like this: -


Monday, being Bank Holiday, was a perfect opportunity to push on. Here's one photo taken in the middle of Sunday's session:-
You can see that as well as starting on the third section of the building working from the left, I've also put in some of the shadows on the graound floor. They look black, but I promise you there is no 'neat' black anywhere in the painting, I've only used black to darken blues and browns. By the end of Sunday's session I'd got this far:-
You can see that I've pretty much finished work on the third section of the building, and I've painted in a base layer of a very watery brown on the building on the far right in the background. The idea was to get the picture to the point where I could finish it tonight at Artist's group. However, there was still quite a lot to do. So did I finish? Well: -
I was very pleasantly surprised with how quickly I could paint in the rest of the main building. Then painting over the background building with burnt umber seemed to work very nicely, and it was relatively easy to paint in the windows. Then it was figures, the darker pavement in the shadow of the background buuilding, and a final layer of yellow ochre on the slanting pavement on the extreme right. Voila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment