Tuesday 28 May 2019

Elephant Update 4

Here's where we finished yesterday:-
So my priorities for this morning were to finish the right ear, and the right foreleg. Here's my progress photo after 1 hour:-
It doesn't look as if I achieved a great deal in that first hour, does it? Well, let's be fair, you can spend a lot of time just thinking and working a plan of attack in a first hour, and if it pays dividends then it's time well spent in my opinion. You can see that I have actually done quite a bit more work on the right ear, and started painting my way down the foreleg.  This is next photo is after about another half an hour:-
The leg looks a lot better now, and has joined nicely with the foot which I actually painted in a couple of days ago - still not as disciplined as I could be in my approach, I'm afraid. By this stage I'd made up my mind that the trunk needs quite a bit more work, but I've decided to leave that until all of the legs and body are painted in. So this last photo is at the end of the session, after almost three hours in total.
The biggest development between this last phot and the previous is that there's been some work done on the body. So we really should be seeing now what the finished painting will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment