Saturday 4 May 2019

Latest Project Railway Poster

If I show you three photos you should be able to see quite clearly what I've done today:-
 The first thing I did was to paint the remaining roofs with a base layer of burnt umber. I also painted in the window on the top floor far left. From there I painted the rest of the building on the far left. My camera has the effect of bending an image, so you can't really tell from the phot, but I'm really pleased with how the border on the left hand side has come out now.

I love it when you get to this stage of a painting and there's enough detail there to give you an idea of what the finished painting may just look like, even though it's still hours and hours away from completion. So by the time I finished today's sessions, I'd painted the second building down to halfway, and also painted in the rest of the roadway in yellow ochre. I've also gone over the lettering of the word Shrewsbury with crimson, since it was very streaky with just one layer of paint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment