Wednesday 17 February 2016

Commission: Glasgow Tram: Day 2

I started early today, and continued from where I left off yesterday - the buildings. First job was to paint in the rest of the stone/brickwork, trying to get in the variation of the colours in the stones/bricks as I went.
This was taken after about 45 minutes more work. The brickwork is done at this stage, and some of the windows, although there was still a bit of work to do. Within an hour and a half of starting I'd finished this part of the painting, which you can see in this next photo, which was taken after about 2 hours. : -
By this time I'd reached street level, and I got to paint in the little car, which I really wanted to do yesterday. You can also see two of the three figures as well. As you can see, I've been using a pretty watery palette - for the background buildings at least, I pretty much completed the buildings within between two and a half and three hours of starting out today, and then it occurred to me that it might be nice to work towards a finish tonight at the artists' group. So I stopped for now - here's the painting as it is now: -

No comments:

Post a Comment