Saturday 20 February 2016

Yet Another Glasgow Tram

I enjoyed painting the last one so much that I've already sketched out the next. However, this time I wanted to put a narrative into the painting, and it seemed to me that the best way to do that would be putting a figure into the foreground. Here's my sketch onto canvas: -
I deliberately sketched in the figure with his back to the tram, and looking slightly past the viewer's right shoulder. He's got the traditional cap on, but also a collar and tie, which begs the question where's he going? He's maybe taken the tram to get there, and he's made the effort to dress up to the extent of the collar and tie, but then he seems to have a rather grim expression on his face, maybe apprehensive, not looking forward to some appointment?

This is a bit of a departure for me, combining different images to make a new image entirely. I'm unlikely to do much else with it before Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment