Tuesday 16 February 2016

Commission: Glasgow Tram

Right, do you remember the Glasgow Tram that I painted a few weeks ago? well, when I sold it the buyer mentioned that he'd love some more Glasgow tram paintings. Cut to the chase, I've been in touch with him, and he's commissioned another. So this is the preliminary sketch for another 12x10in painting: -

Glasgow Tram
It's a more obviously city scene, and a rather newer tram.

Now, really and truly it makes more sense to me to put the backgrounds in first before painting in the foreground. But, well, I was just kind of enjoying myself with the painting today, and so after I put the sky in, I cracked, and started on the tram. This was after an hour or so's work: -

Glasgow tram after about an hour
I carried on working on the tram for at least a couple more hours, and there's still more that I want to do on it. But I also started painting in the buildings, and the rails. I wanted to at least get as far as the small car immediately in front of the tram, but my grandson arrived unexpectedly, and so I downed tools. This last photo shows how far I'd reached by the time I knocked off: -
Glasgow Tram after about 4 hours
You can always find fault with your own work, and that's probably no bad thing at all. Allowing for that, though, I'm pretty pleased with the days work , and I certainly hope that my client will like the finished product. When it's finished, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment