Tuesday 31 May 2022

Nothing to do with Alice

 Yes, I've managed to make a picture that has nothing to do with Alice. I belong to a Facebook group that gives you a different prompt every day - you can respond to it or not, there's no pressure. To be fair, it was a prompt on this group that eventually led to the Alice fixation - Sir John Tenniel was a daily prompt a long time ago, and that got me started. Today's prompt led me to make this: - 

I mean, we're not exactly talking old master, here, but we are talking progress to at least some extent. It looks close to what I was aiming for. Which is nice, because the 30x30 challenge for 2022 starts tomorrow. 

The purpose of the 30x30 Challenge is to produce 30 Direct Watercolours by the end of the month of June. Direct watercolours are those that you produce just using watercolour, with no pre-sketching and no other media involved. I've completed the challenge for the last couple of years - and last year I even sold 8 or 9 of my 30 paintings. Well, if that should happen this year, well and good, but just completing the challenge will be enough for now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment