Saturday 9 January 2016

Project update - Lisbon Tram

I took two photos, one about halfway through this morning's session, and the other at the end. Here's the original sketch on the canvas: -
Actually I forgot how hard it is to see the sketch on this photo. Sorry. Here's the photo after an hour or so: -
Here's what has been achieved so far. The sky, the other shore and the sea are all pretty hazy, so I painted them in first. Then I applied a creamy yellow base to the street and the buildings. Hopefully this will come through and give warmth to the buildings and street. I painted the tram a deeper yellow, which I hope will give it more substance than the rather ethereal quality of the buildings which I will be trying to achieve.

Here's the painting when I finished the session this morning: -

It doesn't look like I've done a great deal in the interim. I've finished the figure of the girl, and I'm very pleased with her, and the hair effect. I've begin trying out shade variations for some of the buildings. I painted the window frames of the end of the tram, and have started painting what we see inside it. The orange of the end of the tram is fairly even, but it's too far to the red end of the spectrum, and in the next session - maybe tomorrow, but otherwise Wednesday evening - I will try to rectify this. This is still at that early,early stage where everything looks wrong to me, but I know that if I have faith, and keep going, then, sometimes, it all will come good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment