Wednesday 20 January 2016

Project Update - Lisbon Tram

I haven't kept count before, so I don't know what is the highest number of sessions that I've had to put into one painting. I think I probably used 5 sessions to do the second commission. Well, I've just completed what I think is my 4th session on the Lisbon tram, and I'm nowhere near finished with it. Here's the latest photo: -
Lisbon Tram project - after 4 sessions
I've darkened the front of the tram a little bit more, although it isn't necessarily that obvious from this photo. I've painted in quite a bit more of the street on the left side, I've put the shadow onto the steps, although there's still some bits and pieces I want to do with them. I've darkened the closest buildings on the right side of the street. Put like that it sounds like a decent two hours' work - here's the comparison between the photo I took at the end of Saturday's session, and the photo I took at the end of tonight's: -
Comparison - before tonight and after the session
How long will it take to finish this? At least two sessions. If I work on it this weekend, I won't finish it, because this is one I'd like the Artists Group to look at and tell me their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment